Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for an experienced sales engineer to join us as a Solutions Architect in New Delhi, India. In this role, you will be responsible for the first major experience our customers have with Red Hat while creating possibilities, solving problems, and establishing working relationships. You'll discover and analyze the business and technical needs of our customers and collaborate with the Sales and Technical Delivery teams to help our customers invest wisely in the best solutions that would give their systems maximum flexibility, allowing them run faster and more efficiently. You'll need to have a balance of technical expertise, passion for open source, a thorough understanding of business processes, and the ability to identify and solve issues at the enterprise level. As a Solutions Architect, you'll also need to have great communication and people skills.
- Develop strategic relationships with our customers to become a trusted adviser for Red Hat's offerings and solutions
- Provide presales technical support to the Enterprise Sales team
- Support evaluations of offerings and technical proofs of concepts
- Respond to customer and partner inquiries, including requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs)
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology (IT) industry
- 5+ years of experience working as a presales engineer, consultant, IT architect, or in an equivalent role supporting partners and enterprises
- 5+ years of experience with solutions design or implementation of Unix to Linux, HPC, complex application systems, cloud, and multi-datacenter and modernizing application environments as well as multi-product integration
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions and architectures like cloud, big data, virtualization, storage, middleware, clustering, or high availability
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with others to provide our customers with the best solutions
- Experience working as an enterprise architect and strategizing with C-level users regarding technology roadmaps
- Expertise in one of the offerings of the Red Hat portfolio
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and take initiative; ability to manage multiple large transactions with multiple organizations
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Red Hat Certified Solutions Architect (RHCA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.