Posted about 1 year ago
Sonatype are experiencing dramatic growth and were looking to add a passionate, driven and talented Solutions Architect to our EMEA team based out of our London HQ. The Solutions Architect will help prospective customers discover, learn and implement a DevSecOps approach to increase the speed, security and quality of their software.
The ideal candidate has outstanding technical acumen, great social skills and excels in customer engagements. If you have the soft skills to match your technical prowess, and thrive in a fast-moving fast-growing environment, we want to talk to you.
You should feel passionate about working with incredibly smart people and helping them do things better. Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers. In this role, you will:
What youll do:
- Take a consultative approach to understanding our customers current software development practises and identify opportunities to improve them with Sonatypes solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices using Sonatype solutions.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements and reference architectures showcasing the value of Sonatypes Solutions.
- Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Sonatype.
- Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a regional based sales quota.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Sonatype product management.
- Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences.
- Become a trusted DevSecOps technical advisor to customers and the community.
- Keep on top of the latest trends in the SDLC tooling landscape.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years developing software and/or relevant pre-sales or consulting experience.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC including: VCSs (e.g., git, svn, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g. Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy etc.), container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Experience performing on-site proof of concepts (POCs) and customer demonstrations.
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Primarily office based but travel as required to support regional sales activity.
- Great Interpersonal and customer facing skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree or a equivalent level of study plus 5 years of experience in the field.
- Experience in application security / DevSecOps is a plus.
- Fluent French or German an advantage but not a requirement
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: were passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. Were one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. Were backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know