Posted about 1 year ago
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 80,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release. Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations, including Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, The New York Times
, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia, use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission-critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by more than $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Mountain View, California; and has over 400 employees in more than 30 countries around the world.
Do you have prior software engineering experience and can help overcome technical challenges for your customers?
We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons for our Sales team. You will be helping us knock down the technical barriers to adoption of the Elastic stack and presenting our technology to help solve customers mission critical business issues.
- Supporting the technical needs of customers and resolving technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues problems or opportunities regarding the Elastic product
- Have a deep understanding of the Elastic product and technology and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team with sales prospects in preparing and presenting the Elastic product and technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Traveling to clients and potential clients being the key technical interface with customers
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Knowledge and deep understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Understanding of Linux, Java, and databases
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.