Posted over 1 year ago
Our strong customer support team is a major reason why companies choose Heap as the source of truth for all their customer data and why our customers love us so much! We're looking to hire an experienced Solutions Engineer to help our customers understand our product and make the most of their data. Our customers use Heap to make important business decisions, and you'll be on the front line helping them, by answering their emails, building reports, leading trainings, and helping with implementation. You'll work closely with our customer success managers, sales, and product to advocate for our customers.
At Heap, this means you will:
30/60/90 Day Plan
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- Become more knowledgeable about analytics infrastructure than anyone else. You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you'll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our processes. You'll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
- Within 30 days, you will:
Within 60 days, you will:
- Lead trainings for key customers
- Answer hundreds of customer questions
- Triage and prioritize bugs and feature requests
- Act as internal support for our sales, marketing and engineering teams
Within 90 days, you will:
- Understand Heap's infrastructure
- Build custom dashboards for our customers
- Become a champion at dogfooding Heap -- you've written your first blog post to share the insights you've delivered internally!
- Know Heap like the back of your hand
- Lead in-depth trainings for any person in any vertical
- Come up with clever workarounds to push Heap to the limits
- Help customers with every question, whether it is joining data in Heap SQL or analyzing data within the UI
- Be able to point to the line of code that is causing bugs and write your own scripts to make the support team more efficient
Most importantly, you're an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you'll face novel situations and provide expertise every day.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, and working with various APIs
- A passion for helping people
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!