Posted about 1 year ago
Finance and Operations
Job DetailsAbout Salesforce:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Salesforce is looking for a talented and dynamic SOX Compliance Analyst to work on the SOX Compliance Team within our high-growth company. The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative, ownership, passion as well as excellent management, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
Reporting directly to the Manager of SOX Compliance, the Analyst will assist in facilitating the SOX Annual Cycle including managing the documentation refresh process, executing Annual Risk Assessments, and preparing business partners for Control Walkthroughs. Other responsibilities include planning and performing SOX testing, with the expectation of appropriately communicating testing results to management. In the event of a control failure, the Analyst will support remediation efforts to closure. This position acts as an advisor to his / her respective business partners to drive continuous process improvement. On occasion, this role will participate in live trainings and other presentations. In addition to SOX, the Analyst will assist with other special projects that arise as a result of the Company's fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Examples of these other special projects include new acquisition integration, system upgrades, spreadsheet policy compliance, segregation of duties and international business process standardization.
This position helps drive continuous improvement of our controls to deliver tangible process improvements and strengthening of our controls framework. We aim to provide superior compliance and process management service to all departments we serve. The Company's management does not take a "check-the-box" approach when it comes to SOX requirements and the Analyst is expected to assist in driving process change, think independently, argue his / her position on a matter and assist in recommending improvements in every area that the SOX Compliance Team touches.
We are looking for a candidate with significant experience in compliance, process management and controls. Because of our innovative and entrepreneurial culture, we seek individuals who can help drive process improvement and awareness of and adherence to policies and procedures within our ever-expanding global employee base.
- Plan and execute SOX testing and documentation activities with consistent quality
- Take ownership for all assigned process areas, which includes obtaining a comprehensive understanding of all process activities and controls as well as related company policies and external accounting and reporting guidelines and act as a subject matter expert for each of these assigned process areas
- Work with designated business process owners to gain an understanding of the process, associated risks and key controls to be tested and assist in updating applicable process documentation
- Assist the business process owners in designing new processes and controls or updating current ones
- Assess and make recommendations / suggestions regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and operations
- Be aware of current developments in processes, internal policies and procedures, and external accounting and reporting guidance and critically challenge the purpose of procedures. Drive consistency in approach to recommend, where appropriate, adaptation to our audit methodology to ensure continuous improvement
- Build strong working relationships with internal departments, including those in international locations, IT personnel, internal and external auditors
- Keep abreast of SEC, US GAAP and other regulatory and technical guidance and regulations as it pertains to SOX and other related activities and perform applicable testing in line with standards for technically challenging areas (i.e. Revenue Recognition, Purchase Accounting, FX Hedging, etc.)
- Maintain dialogue with other industry colleagues and professional organizations to keep abreast of trends in the industry and in compliance processes as well as current best practices / techniques. Assist in translating the appropriate solutions to our Company
- Engage in our Company's culture, including the development of professional relationships within the SOX Compliance Team, as well as with business partners, management, and company employees
- Manage and / or contribute to special projects both on-going and recurring (e.g., scaling controls, Segregation of Duties, Constant Currency analyses, implementation support / compliance advisory), as needed, in an effective and efficient manner
- Proactively anticipate customer needs / opportunities for involvement (i.e. think ahead of the curve and outside the box)
- Pursue continuing education and / or professional development as appropriate
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting and / or industry (preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
- Strong understanding of financial audit and financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO), as well as the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 and Audit Standard 5, including documentation and testing
- Proven technical understanding of financial accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), and understanding of and ability to research and apply guidance to changing control environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, Visio and / or Lucidchart
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to "engage in the conversation"
- Confidence / willingness to ask questions and raise issues / concerns in a timely manner
- Must be able to multi-task, work efficiently under tight deadlines and proactively track and report progress
- A positive, energetic, "do what it takes" attitude that thrives on identifying issues and opportunities - we are looking for people who want to blaze their own trail and own their career
- Sound professional judgment and business acumen
- Self-motivated to apply learned experiences and leverage best practices
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.