Posted over 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Specialist Solutions Architect with a combination of presales architecture experience and technical skills to join us in Houston, TX. In this role, you will work closely with account and specialist sales representatives to achieve sales and revenue goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities, and develop technical solutions that meet the needs of prospective customers. You'll guide hands-on workshops, deep-dive demonstrations of offerings, and deliver limited scope proofs of concepts. As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you will also work with Red Hat's innovative cloud offerings, including Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Insights, and other Red Hat management offerings.
- Partner with sales specialists within a designated territory and serve as the technical point of contact for key customer opportunities
- Ensure that revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of prospect and customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement management sales strategies to help ensure that Red Hat's objectives are met
- Present Red Hat’s solutions and technical proposals to prospects and customers
- Guide the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet customer needs through workshops and other activities
- Support presales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks of key strategic customers
- Contribute to the team effort by sharing knowledge, documenting customer success stories, helping maintain the team lab environment, and participating in subject matter expert team initiatives
- Participate in trainings on offerings and complete the ongoing, continuing education requirements to grow and enhance your skills
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- 5+ years of experience with Linux or other Unix operating systems in the areas of system administration, integration, or development
- 3+ years of experience as a sales engineer or in an equivalent role supporting enterprise accounts, or 5+ years of experience in an operations role like system architect or senior system engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with Red Hat Ansible Automation or other configuration management platform like Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- 2+ years of experience working with virtualization infrastructure like VMware vSphere, Xen, KVM, Docker, PowerVM, or Microsoft Hyper-V; VMware Certified Professional certification is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Good understanding of cloud computing concepts and experience designing, deploying, and operating virtualization infrastructure hardware and software
- Excellent presentation skills
- Basic programming fundamentals skills and experience with Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Git, Bash, or Powershell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable giving presentations and speaking in front of an audience
- Willingness to travel up to 75%, mostly within a limited geographical area with some occasional travel to other regions
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.