Posted 9 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat South Korea Sales team is looking for a Specialist Solutions Architect to join us in Seoul, South Korea. In this role, you will provide presales support for cloud infrastructure solutions in key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You'll work with customers to build a relationship of trust and confidence between Red Hat and the customer engineering, development, and operations teams, while gaining an understanding of their business needs and aligning them with our solutions. You’ll also design and deliver evaluations, proofs of concepts, and pilots of our offerings and play a crucial role in bringing together internal cross-functional teams to satisfy our most challenging customers. As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you'll serve as a customer advocate, building the best solutions in the space of private, public, and hybrid cloud infrastructures, and ensuring that these solutions are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way. You’ll need to have an excellent working knowledge of the latest architectures for cloud infrastructure, their supporting best practices, and related tools and technologies.
- Based on customer engagements, perform a discovery of needs, find the most effective methods of support, close the sales of proposed projects, and document proofs of concepts
- Deliver successful cloud infrastructure workshops for small to medium teams of both technical and non-technical backgrounds that affect and shape customer use cases and architectural design decisions
- Deliver and support high-quality cloud infrastructure proofs of concepts and pilots with local teams that increase customer confidence in our offerings
- Serve as a trusted subject matter expert for the customer, building long-lasting relationships within our key accounts
- Demonstrate expertise and vision in practices by producing whitepapers, webinars, etc., and by speaking at industry conferences
- Communicate value, progress, and status of sales opportunities to all stakeholders; share knowledge and findings to allow team members to learn from your work
- Ensure that revenue quotas, deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of satisfaction among existing and prospective customers
- Research and write responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposals (RFP)
- Participate in Red Hat’s internal communities of practice and guide internal knowledge sharing in the cloud infrastructure portfolio
- 5+ years of experience as a sales engineer, consultant, IT architect, or in an equivalent role supporting enterprise accounts with cloud or virtual infrastructure solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with extensive experience presenting to IT managers and C-level executives at large firms
- Advanced knowledge of Linux system, preferably in Red Hat platform solutions like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Network Satellite, and other related technologies
- Deep knowledge of open source cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions like Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Storage, and Red Hat CloudForms
- Experience with latest platform technologies like Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of technologies like clustering, directory services, and identity management
- Record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels throughout large enterprise IT organizations
- Ability to present to and have technical and business discussions with associates from the senior level of customer organizations
- Ability to prepare proofs of concepts from concept to business closure stages
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with multiple programming languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, or Java
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience working with C-level executives
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.