Posted 5 months ago
Babies, kids, adults… everyone feels better after a good night of sleep. And at Hatch, we know sleep — we’ve helped over half a million families sleep better, and we’re just getting started. Originally inspired by new parents and their babies, Hatch has evolved our suite of smart sleep products to help humans of all ages and stages develop — and maintain — natural, healthy sleep habits. Designed by experts and loved by parents, our original Rest Family includes Rest and Rest+, all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Joining this beloved product suite is Hatch Restore, a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep solution, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of sleep. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park.
We are seeking a Senior Android Developer to build on our success and help bring a suite of new software and smart hardware products to market. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced engineer who is passionate about using technology to solve problems for consumers. You will be working alongside a talented and customer-focused team to help launch several new products.
This position can be remote for the right candidate, though proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area is preferred. Experience collaborating with a remote team is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and optimize mobile applications for Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi-enabled hardware products.
- Understand and debug system issues spanning app, cloud, and firmware domains and make system level design tradeoffs and decisions.
- Collaborate with development team on architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Develop long-term solutions while being mindful of short term priorities and requirements.
- Work closely with product management to rapidly develop and ship features.
- Work closely with design to build adaptable, nimble features.
- Minimum 5+ years experience building mobile apps for Android.
- Experience with SQLite and related tools.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON encoding / decoding.
- Hands on experience on Reactive Extensions (RxJava, RxAndroid).
- Great at debugging, profiling, and tuning.
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive API interfaces.
- Experience using a modern version control system.
- Solid understanding of good UI/UE practices on mobile platforms.
- Understanding of Bluetooth protocols and standards.
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
- Comfortable using GIT source control.
- Experience with the Android NDK.
- Familiarity with MVP, MVVM or similar design patterns in Android.
- Familiarity with test-driven development and Android testing frameworks.
- Passion for exploring and using new technologies that improve the end-product for consumers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Hatch offers competitive compensation (including salary & generous equity), significant professional & leadership growth upside, flexible work environment, unlimited vacation, and a growing team full of motivated, collaborative, fun colleagues.