Posted 7 months ago
Aha! is looking for a Sr. DevOps engineer to build and maintain our highly automated AWS-based infrastructure. We value simplicity, robustness, performance, and low operational overhead. We like to script and configure using Ruby & Chef (via AWS OpsWorks).
We are seeing rapid growth, which means there are many interesting scale, performance, and architectural projects to tackle. DevOps engineers work as part of our overall engineering team, following the same development workflow we use for all parts of the product. Our DevOps engineers are responsible for directly implementing features in Ruby on Rails to support company operations, in addition to more traditional operations work in Chef and AWS.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Aha!, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a self-funded and profitable company that is growing fast. Aha! was founded by a proven team of experts. More than 300,000 users worldwide trust our roadmap software to build products customers love.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has architected large-scale Ruby on Rails deployments in AWS from the ground up
- Has deep expertise in Ruby on Rails application development
- Has experience managing fleets of instances using a configuration management tool like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet, and a cloud orchestration tool like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Has a "security-first" mentality
- Has a computer science degree or demonstrated experience solving challenging CS problems
We are committed to being great, and we want someone who:
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Has a "get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again
- Is seeking a career-defining opportunity and a proven, results-oriented team that has sold multiple software companies
We are building a distributed team, and you can work from anywhere in North America for this role. We offer generous salary, equity, benefits, and a profit-sharing program.