Posted 3 months ago
Senior Director-Analyst, Sales Enablement and Key Account Growth
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Remote – United States
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
- If you’ve spent your career working in leadership positions in sales enablement and account management, this is a unique opportunity to take your knowledge and advise other companies in how to improve their own sales effectiveness.
- The mission is to help B2B companies improve their account management practices, helping sales leaders to drive growth within existing customer relationships.
- The Gartner Sales Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the sales domain, including the original research and publication of The Challenger Sale and long, rich history of paradigm-shifting insights.
- The team works with more than 800 client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps clients address their unique challenges by relying on original research, benchmarks, and analysis delivered through an advisory model.
- This position will be expected to research and represent the leading thinking and approaches in the account management field, covering aspects including:
- Sales enablement for account growth
- Account planning and management
- Key account management
- Account intelligence & Lead Sharing
- Customer stakeholder management
- Key account (de)selection
- Key account manager development
- Account team effectiveness
- If you are looking to share your experiences with hundreds of clients (not just a single company), research and teach best practices and cutting-edge trends, and generally help improve win rates, shorten sales cycles, close larger deals, and operation more efficiently and have sales leadership experience, this is the role for you.
- The position will be oriented to providing advice to senior sales leaders (CSO, head of sales, sales strategy and operations, and sales enablement). Focus is predominantly on large/global-enterprise and midsize-enterprise organizations.
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research.
- Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area.
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters degree preferred.
- Broad-based sales leadership experience in account management. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of sales leadership, sales enablement, sales strategy and/or related roles. Given this role serves multiple industries, broad-based industry and go-to-market experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with innovative technologies in categories such as sales enablement and AMB is preferred.
- Experience selling (or managing sales teams) across a variety of customer segments and/or channels is preferred, though not required.
- Stellar writing and presentation skills are prerequisites for this position.
- The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives.
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- This position will be North American based.