Posted about 1 year ago
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Cloud Platform Engineering group at Auth0 builds the underlying technologies that power our Public and Private Cloud Platforms worldwide. The group is responsible for: storage, data infrastructure, observability systems, SRE, provisioning, compute, orchestration platform, build/test/deploy, and internal tools and services - all of the components that make up the Auth0 Platform.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Cloud Platform Engineering to lead this group. The ideal candidate has a proven track record building large, scalable infrastructure, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and isfirst and foremosta fantastic manager of people. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Coach and mentor managers from multiple globally distributed teams. Although you have a strong background in technology, your primary goal is to build a world-class, high-performing organization.
- Champion teams company-wide to become best-in-class in cloud-based software development while promoting approaches that at their core greatly improve customer experience (OS abstraction, right-sized capacity and scalability, global caching, A/B testing and deployment, simplifying environments, and rapid recovery).
- Leverage an obsession for the customer to lead and maintain a world-class PaaS, IaaS, Shared Data Cloud Infrastructure.
- Own the build & deploy lifecycle; drastically reduce build, deploy & rollback times while simultaneously reducing risk and exposure.
- Own the execution, tracking, and delivery of Auth0's Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs), as well as identifying additional KPIs for delivering a first-class platform.
- Help lead the transformation from our legacy monolith infrastructure to a modern scalable service based system.
- Drive efficiency of scale while preparing our systems to support 10+ times current capacity.
- Passionate about building an inclusive engineering culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious. You will be unifying several disparate engineering groups beyond your org, so the expectation is that you can create a culture that is able to attract, mentor and retain outstanding engineering talent.
- An experienced technology leader - leading, establishing, and managing enterprise DevOps, CI/CD solutions, automation and configuration management.
- A leader with a proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale services on public clouds such as AWS.
- A Director level manager and have lead multiple engineering managers and teams (prefer experience managing other Directors).
- A strong people manager and experienced at growing managers to the director level. Your weekly one-on-ones are sacred and growing your management / leadership skills are just as important as your tech skills to you.
- Solid with Infrastructure as code tools and config management tools.
- Experienced managing and developing remote teams and workers, you can demonstrate the specialist leadership traits that enable world class remote teams to thrive globally.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deeply familiar with understanding distributed system design, micro service architecture, containers and dependency management. You will understand how teams need to work to manage this inherent complexity
- Comfortable with:SAS 70, SSAE 16, SOC, GDPR, HIPAA Regulatory Compliance Requirements and ITIL, PCI standards.
- US West Coast or New York City; (GMT-8);
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.