Posted 2 months ago
At Sweet, we’re building a modern cell phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer web companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
Sweet is looking for an experienced Elixir developer to join our engineering team, reporting directly to the CTO. You’ll take ownership of our established Elixir/Phoenix backend application and lead its development. You will learn every aspect of the existing system, gaining expertise in the telecom/MVNO business domain as necessary, while adding functionality to support the Sweet mobile apps and customer experience. Ideal candidates may be located anywhere in the USA.
- You will understand how the business works and how the software supports it.
- Keep the platform, framework and dependencies up-to-date.
- Improve the stack and deploy system for better security and disaster recovery.
- Improve the developer experience for collaborators.
- Establish a framework for an internal dashboard for Customer Support.
- Implement schema and API changes to support changes to our mobile apps.
- Maintain and improve the integrations with our suppliers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of recent Elixir/Phoenix experience
- 2+ years of relevant DevOps/SysOps
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in Ecto, from schema migrations to complex queries.
- Deployed and monitored production apps on AWS with Kubernetes
- Used CircleCI for test and deployment
- Familiar with cross-platform mobile app building and testing
- Planned and executed complex projects with small engineering teams
- Successfully sourced and recruited potential team members
- Maintained code quality by reviewing PRs and mentoring collaborators
3 Reasons You Should Apply:
- You love working with Elixir
- You’re itching for a new challenge
- You enjoy working with incredibly talented people that push you to be better
- Health Insurance
- Remote team: work where and when you work best
- Travel for team meetups as convenient
- Unlimited PTO
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications other than the required skills.