Posted 9 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Web UI Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include creating and translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application.
This is a part time contract remote role that can be done from anywhere in Europe
What you'll be doing:
You may be a good match for this role if...
- Develop dynamic UI features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Creating UI/UX designs
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You have at least 6 years working with front-end/UI technologies, and 2-3 of those years in Angular
- Proficient experience of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, ES6+
- Experience in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong experience with Angular 2+
- Experience with Node.js and NPM
- Understanding of UI design standards and best practices (Material, etc)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of some image authoring tools, such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Proficient experience of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Proficient understanding of Bootstrap UI framework
- Good understanding of JSON
- Self-managed developer with the ability to work in a remote team environment.
- Research, Analytical and problem solving skills
- You possess excellent communication skills.
- You have proven yourself to be a hands-on contributor who can think outside the box.
- You are a strong cultural fit with [A]'s values.
What is [A]?
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work.
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service, and we work with clients to create a Content Intelligence System. The Content Intelligence System is a holistic set of people, processes, and tools that maximize content-ROI by ensuring content is coherent, self-aware, and quantum. By creating a Content Intelligence System, we increase the effectiveness and ROI of the content assets while reducing overall costs. [A] works holistically to build all aspects of a content intelligence system in partnership with clients and agencies. This includes not just the technology architecture and implementation, but enabling companies with the organizational muscles to drive content intelligence.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. But many [A]gents find the best part of working here are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you're an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
What's Your Name, [A]gain?
What Our name is easy. Just say "A." The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter "[A]" represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).