Posted 10 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Deal Desk team is looking for a Bid Desk Manager to join the the North America Commercial Deal Desk Specialist team to in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will manage the team responsible for facilitating the implementation of non-standard or complex deals. You’ll provide assistance to the Sales team and stakeholders in the structuring and documentation of complex deals while adhering to the corporate policies, processes, programs, and systems that affect the structuring and implementation of revenue transactions. As a Bid Desk Manager, you’ll need to be passionate and dedicated and have the ability to understand complex problems while providing explanations and solutions which are sound and clearly communicated.
- Manage team of 12-16 deal specialists and deal facilitators responsible for collaborating with and establishing solid and trusted working relationships with all the Red Hat’s teams that contribute to the structure of, or may be impacted by, the non-standard deal to identify acceptable options
- Serve as a partner, trusted adviser, and advocate for Sales on strategic deal structuring; advise on alternatives, possible ramifications, or value propositioning to help lead deal closure
- Guide the team responsible for drafting and reviewing business language in non-standard terms for compliance with corporate policies
- Work closely with the Finance and Commercial Legal teams on contract review and revision
- Collaborate with team members, internal teams, and stakeholders to guide process improvements pertaining to deal construction, sales enablement, and education opportunities
- Coordinate deal or agreement review and approval by stakeholders using defined processes and systems
- Enforce the corporate approval framework and associated policies
- Ensure forward deal momentum and troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve any issues
- Work cross-functionally to develop and enhance strategic customer buying programs that are
designed to fit the purchasing needs of our customers
- Work with direct leadership on transformational activities and processes
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience, preferably working in a technology company, selling solutions and services in a recurring revenue business model
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably in a technology company
- Combined background in sales and services; sales experience is a plus
- Familiarity with financial or revenue recognition principles and contracting guidelines; experience drafting contract language is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills; ability to apply a quantitative approach to measuring customer experience, product usage, and customer satisfaction to lead
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent presentation skills, as there will be constant interaction with peers and multiple levels of management
- Familiarity with the opportunity-to-cash cycle (operations, order processing, fulfillment, revenue recognition, legal contracts, etc.)
- Organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and persistent; excellent diplomatic and persuasion skills
- Customer service focus, including the ability to deliver multiple priority projects with high customer satisfaction in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under changing conditions and timelines
- Knowledge of Red Hat’s offerings is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.