Posted about 1 year ago
Sales Strategy drives the vision and strategy for making the business unit's targets for every Sales leader and AE. The Senior Manager/Director of Sales Strategy is the leader who drives the success and effectiveness in Sales Strategy. The right candidate will be a 'Trusted Advisor' to Leadership and Sales. Sales Strategy focuses on strategic planning, sales coverage, sales analytics and focus on developing quick plans to address areas of weakness. You will be expected to partner with many cross-functional teams such as finance, operations and marketing, etc. There is a need for deep analysis and executive communications. The goals are focused on analysis, sales optimization and business operational support. This is a high performing team and expected to pivot on priorities quickly. You are expected to think strategically, arrive at focused execution plan, and manage the plan to fruition.
The individual in this role will be directly influencing continued growth and success of the Business Unit. You will be expected to lead material development for sales AVPs and RVPS as well as work in the background doing root cause analysis on problem areas. Example of projects can range from the very strategic to the very operational and focus on some of the many areas such as Go-To-Market planning, Salesforce product playbook, territory alignment, data quality and clean up, business planning, market segmentation, sales pipeline analysis, & regular performance review.
The successful candidate will have a relentless curiosity, and a passion for creating innovative analysis and operational flexibility to identify / manage a high performing team. Ideally, this person will have worked in a diverse role such as top-tier management consulting, Sales operations, Financial Management roles and will feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis. You must be a team player, strong people leader, passionate about making a difference, have a startup mindset, willing to manage multiple priorities and able to deal with ambiguity effectively.
- Partner with sales leaders to design go-to-market strategy, allocate resources, assign performance targets and more
- Develop an effective plan to achieve Sales targets at all levels of sales leadership
- Track key metrics such as pipeline, ACV, contract and product based analytic, top account and product performance
- Uncover additional potential to sell and increase added ACV opportunities: White space analysis, Propensity to buy, Sales coverage by region Segment, territory strategy, etc.
- Create executive presentations for Salesforce C-level audience
- Manage and coordinate weekly sales forecast
- Construct and automate dashboards for key performance metrics
- Build sales tools, such as propensity to buy analysis
- Perform ad hoc analysis across multiple data sets, including Salesforce, product databases, & more
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for leadership including board and QBR meetings
- 10+ years of work experience with deep management consulting and/or Sales strategy & operations background
- Strategic, Quantitative and Operational mindset with strong strategy consulting background
- Proven ability to lead large teams and complex cross functional projects
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling PowerPoint presentations and advanced excel skills
- Strong executive presence
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality executive presentations
- Creativity in developing actionable recommendations for presentation to senior management
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast pace, rapid change environment
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup fast paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.