Posted 5 months ago
Atlassian has built out a world-class capability to attract prospects to free trials and convert them to paying customers ("The Flywheel"). Our mission is to identify leverage points across the customer lifecycle, where sales resources can be applied to further increase momentum of the Flywheel. These teams apply "Smart Touch" - proactive, value-added engagement with the Customer to increase conversion, compatible with Atlassian's core value of "not $#@#ing the Customer".
Enabling our sales teams (field sales, channel partners, customer success teams, inside sales), we need to build out operational infrastructure in the form of business processes, “CRM” systems, business intelligence and people capabilities.
The Sr. Manager - Sales Systems & Operations will work with different key stakeholders in Sales and across other functional organizations within Atlassian to prioritize the implementation of projects/programs based on business impact and required investment. This role will also be accountable for end-to-end program launch, from ensuring requirements are well understood, to solution design in collaboration with IT, shared services and other internal functions within Atlassian, to ensuring stakeholders are involved and engaged through launch.
What we want to get done:
- Work with key stakeholders and management in Sales, Sales Strategy, the Channel Sales organization, Customer Advocacy and other cross-functional teams at Atlassian to review their key priorities, assess business impact of their projects and required investment, and prioritize implementation across programs/projects. Your goal is to have all these actors agree to a prioritization for all program/project launches on an ongoing basis.
- Support end-to-end project/program management for CRM and related sales-systems initiatives. As a hands-on manager (i.e. you will own your own projects), you will manage a team of business analysts who will support or execute every prioritized project. You will ensure the business value of every project is quantified and that measurable success metrics have been defined. You will drive clarity of requirements and will ask lots of “why” questions to validate business impact of what gets implemented and to ensure that the solution will stand the test of time. You will define a solution composed of business processes, systems infrastructure, policies and governance.
- You will partner with IT and other stakeholders throughout the implementation. You will be accountable for delivering all projects on time and ensure key stakeholders and program owners are involved/accountable for launch through go-live.
- You will conduct experiments based on suggestions from the Sales Strategy team. Rapidly deployed tests that will allow us to validate whether new types of “touch” will enhance conversion and drive incremental bookings.
- You will support the integration of the operational infrastructure of acquired companies across lead-to-cash and Customer Service processes (and we are a prolific acquirer).
- In addition to project support, you will also be responsible for the general “care and feeding” and “keep the lights on” support of sales systems, including basic data governance, permissions/security administration, user administration and business user support.
- You will be a trusted advisor to the business - helping guide our sales organization to best-in-class sales practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience managing a Salesforce environment/team in a B2B, high-tech domain. SaaS software sales experience is a big plus.
- Expertise in Sales, Service and Marketing Clouds, preferably with certifications.
- Hands-on experience migrating a Salesforce environment to Lightning
- A deep understanding of SFDC coding languages, integration framework, security model, and continuous integration methodologies.
- Minimum 7 years of ever-increasing responsibility in Sales Operations or enterprise systems implementation project management within a SaaS company or in a consulting environment.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills to drive senior stakeholders to agreement on prioritization.
- Excellent business acumen. You’ve been around the block and have developed such a thorough understanding of B2B sales that you’re ready to design your own CRM. In-depth experience with channels and/or inside sales a plus.
- You have a knack for conceptual solution design and revere Agile methodologies. We will conduct lots of experiments and count on you to fail fast, but succeed often.
- Experience rolling out significant programs within a sales or quote-to-cash organization, from project justification (ROI) to requirements gathering, solution design, cross-functional execution to launch and change management.
- An extreme sense of ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly and drive projects to conclusion. You get $#!t done.
- The leadership skills to build and motivate a team of ambitious business analysts.
- Bachelors Degree required.