Posted about 1 year ago
Do you want to build the future of incident management at a company built by developers, for developers? Are you a creative and talented engineer with a bent toward application reliability who can get sh*t done? Does working on a project that's the source of status for major Internet companies float your boat? Does the idea of upgrading your production Ruby version with one line of code, waiting for a two minute build to pass and seamlessly rolling it out to an entirely new auto-scaled fleet of servers sound like your kind of environment?
If so, come join us at Atlassian and work on the Statuspage team! You will be working in a fast paced SaaS environment where every line of code you write will be appreciated by major Internet players and the end-users that rely on them. You'll demonstrate your dynamic coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. Using your deep understanding of architecture, you'll foresee and plan for changes, and be a world-class communicator along the way. Statuspage is scaling rapidly and this team has the largest open runway.
Once onboard, you'll dive into a world of infrastructure as a code with Atlassian's Docker-based PaaS, no chef or puppet here. You will play an integral role in designing and developing operational improvements that will help us keep stellar uptime and reliability so the Internet can stay transparent around uptime. You'll work to harden our platform so we can grow by 100x without missing a beat. You will be involved in evolving and implementing our disaster recovery solution. You are steadfast, and you're unflappable when on call. You're a builder at heart and, ultimately, you will help define what it means to provide status updates for the Internet.
More About You:
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
• An extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications
• Direct experience developing/running modern applications on AWS and are well-versed in best practices and patterns
• The know-how to deploy apps using Docker
• A laser focused ability in designing infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
• The ability to "fix the plane while in flight" (not just support greenfield solutions)
• The ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan to pay it off
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
• Ask tough questions and develop your pragmatic approach to decision-making
• Gain a deep understanding of technologies like AWS Elasticsearch, Amazon SQS, ElastiCache Redis, RDS Postgres, VTMs, Ruby, and Rails.
• Continue to grow your skills in running secure and scalable applications for highly available, multi-region, AWS deployments
• Teach and influence engineers and other partners
• Build incredible software on a highly-effective TEAM
More About Our Team:
Statuspage is used by many of the worlds top 1000 SaaS providers. This means that we have a responsibility to be up when these providers may be down. Resiliency is a core Statuspage feature. The nature of the business means that we have very inconsistent and spikey traffic. During a large, Internet-wide event we can see our traffic increase by a thousand fold. Building a service that can withstand these requirements and that can stay up while the rest of the Internet is down provides an unrivaled set of technical challenges. Joining the Statuspage team means you get to play with some of the newest tech as part of a tight-knit, fast-moving team. Youll be shipping live code into production starting week one.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.