Posted about 1 year ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
In this role, you will work as a Software Developer and join a leading-edge team to extend, enhance, and provide engineering support for the wide range of services provided by our service infrastructure. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a Cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. And this service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
What you bring to the team
- Support Proofpoint Archiving Products and provide customer support to help resolve difficult customer issues.
- Design, develop and deliver Solutions to customers to help them resolve problems that they are facing in their deployments.
- Work on developing solutions and resolving issues within our products to help improve the overall stability of the archiving system.
- Work closely with our Support organization to understand problem areas in the system and with customers and work on creative solutions to help customers be more productive with our solutions.
- Provide after hours support when high profile issues arise
What make you different from others
- Minimum five years industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/Java/C++)
- A strong command of advanced OO concepts/methodologies, as well as distributed systems, concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to find and evaluate solutions to productions issues that are escalated to engineering
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate technical concepts well to different audiences
- Must be a team player and be able to work in an operationally critical, diverse, and dynamic environment
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and manage multiple assignments
- Support of our 24x7 operations by participating in our on-call rotation to help resolve critical issues on production systems
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) to access Microsoft Exchange Server is a plus
- United States citizenship is a plus, due to security requirements for certain systems
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and EWS
- Experience with development using Microsoft Enterprise System such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Management System, PowerShell, and etc
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud Solution such as Azure, O365, Remote Powershell, and Active Directory Graph API
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!