Posted about 1 year ago
Finance and Operations
The Staff Accountant is a position responsible for processing new leases, modifications and terminations in Lease Accelerator, preparing general journal entries, performing account reconciliations, performing control procedures and generating periodic reporting for Salesforce's business operations in the US and Internationally. This is a full-time, exempt position on Salesforce's Corporate Accounting team. The Corporate Accounting team is a part of the Controller's Organization at Salesforce, which is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
A successful Staff Accountant at Salesforce is able to consistently apply policies and procedures, is interested in learning from others, and is able to multi-task a variety of high priority tasks while adhering to tight deadlines. A successful candidate must easily adapt to change, work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, view each assignment as a learning opportunity and approach the task with the intent to absorb knowledge and information. The position may require overtime, particularly during peak days of accounting close.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with accounting and finance teams, business partners, real estate managers and financial analysts in Indianapolis, San Francisco and Burlington, MA. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that the financial records associated with leases are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and that all accounting close responsibilities and associated controls are completed timely. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
- Processing leases in Lease Accelerator;
- Recording, documenting and supporting journal entries;
- Assisting with the completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close;
- Posting journal entries into Oracle general ledger;
- Reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts in Blackline;
- Compilation of consolidated cash flow and footnote disclosures pertaining to leases in partnership with international colleagues;
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to improve accounting process efficiencies within assigned areas of responsibility;
- Preparing and maintaining process documentation;
- Assisting with the preparation of internal and external audit requests;
- Performing other accounting analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting;
- 1-2+ years work experience in accounting or finance;
- ASC 842 experience is a plus;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Experience performing accounting close responsibilities desired;
- Experience with the execution and documentation of internal controls preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel;
- Ability to self-motivate, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Lease Accelerator experience is a plus.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.