Posted about 1 year ago
This position is available for hire in the following locations: Portland, Denver, Vancouver, Toronto, or Remote in North America
Help make Firefox the best browser for users. Every day we are building a more intelligent user agent to help people understand and use the web. Are you passionate about bridging the gap between data and product features? Do you want to work at scale, with a small team, on open-source projects? The Data Products Engineering Team is making the browser smarter, and we need your help.
You'll be working with a diverse group of engineers, product managers, and data scientists on features powered by machine learning techniques over data sets about our products and the web. You can learn more about the team's recent projects in Price Wise, Annoyance Mitigation, Ad Transparency, and the Telemetry Aware Addon-Recommender.As a Staff Engineer working on Data Products you will:
We're looking for people with:
- Ship product features that operationalize data into delightful user experiences
- Create tools that support the creation, health, and maintenance of data sets and models
- Maintain high code quality and development standards
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed, multidisciplinary team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A history of shipping high quality production code in a team setting
- Familiarity with web technologies like JS, CSS, DOM, HTML
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, data scientist, or related role
- Developed and deployed machine learning in a production environment
- Experience programming with C++, Rust, or scientific Python
- Demonstrated technical leadership and mentorship
Do your experiences and skills differ from those above and give you something else to contribute? Please contact us.
Mozilla is a global organization, and while this role is available in North America, you will work with people around the globe. Benefits include flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes child care assistance. About Mozilla
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.