Posted about 1 year ago
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world's best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
The Engineering team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer - Studio
to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We're looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality and operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We're excited by challenges of scale—both the number and size of customers—and a diverse set of products. If you're looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. We're motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Solve ambiguous and complex software challenges at InVision
- Design APIs and applications that will impact millions of designers around the globe
- Mentor senior developers at InVision and support their career development
- Research and help to define technical standards for the company
- Lead code reviews and guide software architecture decisions for your team
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
- Lead efforts in developing robust rendering solutions that utilize TypeScript, React and Redux
- Help drive and balance engineering and product priorities across teams by communicating with both areas and distilling, for teams, what is important
- 10+ years of software development experience using test-driven and metrics-driven approaches
- A knack for building consensus and influencing technical decisions
- Experience building complex desktop-like browser applications
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- A deep understanding of the challenges involved with scaling high-traffic services and applications
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Solid understanding of cross-process interactions (either app to app or app to distributed service)
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.