Posted 3 months ago
Mapbox is building a living map of the world to power apps used by hundreds of millions of people each day. If you’re ordering groceries on Instacart, finding a gym on ClassPass, sharing photos with friends on Snapchat, tracking your runs on Strava, finding an event on Facebook, analyzing business data in Tableau, or checking the forecast on The Weather Channel, you’re touching Mapbox. We give developers tools to build custom location experiences, powering industries from consumer mobile apps to business intelligence to logistics and automotive.
What You’ll Do
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
Mentor more junior members of the sales team grow talent internally
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on six and seven-figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Our sales are highly consultative and require deep knowledge of Mapbox products and the business and technical problems our customers trying to solve
- We welcome candidates with sales-adjacent experience, including technical business development and sales/solutions engineering
- Software-as-a-service or developer-focused experience is a plus
- Background in maps and location technology is a major plus
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity