Articulate is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and successful strategic account manager to grow Articulate’s customer base. As a consummate rainmaker, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing strategies for dramatically expanding seat counts in existing Articulate accounts as well as acquiring new customers.
The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record closing five-to-six-figure SaaS deals in large, complex enterprises. You’ll be responsible for navigating these organizations to find and build relationships with key decision-makers; locate and work new opportunities within accounts; create consensus among a wide range of learning and development, procurement, legal, and IT constituents; and ultimately, expand Articulate’s presence in these enterprises significantly.
You must be highly self-motivated, skilled at countering and overcoming objections, and extremely adept at creating opportunities, making cold calls, and building trusting relationships.
In this role you will:
- Mine the Articulate database for underpenetrated accounts with extremely large expansion potential
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Articulate 360 seat count within large, multinational companies
- Develop and execute strategies for acquiring net-new customers among large, multinational companies
- Build relationships using remote-based communications (phone, video conferences, email)
- Communicate the value proposition of Articulate products, overcoming objections and beating out competitors
- Host customized web demos that showcase Articulate product benefits that solve customer problems
- Work with internal Articulate teams to define additional resources needed during the sales cycle
- Share winning sales strategies and tactics with our sales enablement manager to train other team members on rainmaker approaches
- Share objections and roadblocks that can’t be overcome with key executives
- Create and manage an opportunity pipeline towards new sales wins
- Be accountable for sales results
Your ideal skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of exceptional sales success in a rainmaker role
- Success selling SaaS products into complex, large, enterprise accounts
- Experience and success with team selling
- Highly adept at navigating complex organizations and building relationships
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Knowledge of third-party data sources and sales tactics to identify ideal prospects within accounts
- Excellent communicator who enjoys prospect interactions
- A can-do, tenacious winner who hates losing
- Very self-motivated and self-directed
- Challenger-based sales training and experience
- Ability to negotiate nonstandard deals
- Highly competitive, while also ethical and kind
- Knowledge of the e-learning industry a plus
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.