Posted about 1 year ago
This position is remote based, anywhere in APAC.
The rising popularity of GitLab means that our professional services are in high demand. If you have the skills to help our clients we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for skilled people around the world. If you would love to work from home and help GitLab grow, this is the right spot for you.
- Engage with our customers anything from a small advertising firm or a university, to Fortune 100 clients
- Triage customer issues, debug, and find workarounds if possible
- Communicate via email and video conferencing with potential and current clients
- Prepare and provide customer training, and make the training materials widely available
- Improve GitLab through customer interaction
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 emergency customer response
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running GitLab.com is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- More information can be found on the support page in the handbook.
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support, and making customers happy
- Enjoy solving many small problems per day
- Ability to triage and resolve bugs
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, Zoom calls, etc.
- Experience with support platforms (e.g. Zendesk, SalesForce.com, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing support content
- Experience managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Ability to perform complex Linux System Administration tasks
- Web application development experience using an MVC framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, Django, PHP, Laravel)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CI/CD
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Spoken and written English
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.
Remote - Asia