Posted 3 months ago
Prominent Edge is seeking a talented and creative Support Engineer to join our team. We are a 100% remote company, so successful candidates must be highly self-motivated and capable of working independently. NOTE: This will initially be a part time, hourly position, but may subsequently provide the opportunity for a full-time employee position.
As a 100% remote company, Prominent Edge employs the best talent across the country. We leverage leading-edge, open source technologies to provide our customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions that provide significant operational value, always striving to exceed expectations. Our highly collaborative culture provides our employees with the opportunity to perform challenging work on rewarding projects. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you would thrive, and you qualify for the position below, please apply -- we’d love to hear from you!
- Support Engineer, experienced in customer support / solutions engineering
- Comfortable resolving customer issues in production environments
- Familiarity with one or more databases (e.g., Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience working with customer support tools such as ZenDesk, Freshdesk, etc.
- Ability to muti-task effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player
- Unwavering integrity and commitment to excellence
- Undergraduate degree (Associates or Bachelors), preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management, or Business
Additional Skills (“Nice to Have”)
- Scripting experience with Python or PowerShell
- Open source geospatial technologies, such as Mapbox GL, GeoServer, etc.
- Data visualization using technologies such as D3, Kibana, etc.
- Containerization and container orchestration, preferably using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud computing, especially using AWS services such as S3, RDS, SQS, EMR, or Kinesis
- Serverless computing, preferably using AWS Lambda and Serverless Framework
- Paid training, courses, and conferences
- Flex time (i.e., adjust your hours to fit your schedule)
- Work from the comfort of your own home!
- This organization participates in E-Verify
And, if this develops into a full-time salaried position, additional benefits will also include: six weeks paid time off per year, six percent 401(k) matching, and company-paid low-deductible healthcare for the entire family!