Posted 5 months ago
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers in Japan (startups to global brands), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Support Engineers work directly with our customers to help unlock the potential in teams around the globe and Japan by troubleshooting, debugging, and answering questions about our products.
In this role:
- You will resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- You will communicate to our customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- You will bring up complicated issues to global support team and development team to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- You will create and curate of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- You will improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 2+ years experience as developer, technical support, or system administrator
- Strong knowledge on JVMs, OS (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows), networks and DBMS
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc...)
- Focus on customer success and team support first
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone, or screen-shares
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Japanese communication skills - fluent/business level
- English communication skills - conversational level, TOEIC 730+ or equivalent
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Knowledge about Atlassian products
More about our team
You'll be working with different customers every single day, not to mention collaborating with teams, both across the office and the globe. You'll be part of an all-star team responsible for our legendary support team for Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. You'll touch brightest and newest technologies though global SaaS platforms.
Atlassian Japan is unique. As Japan Support, you'll be providing technical support in Japanese. As part of local support team, you'll also engage in localization works hugely and working on local-specific issues. We highly focus on customer success in Japan.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.