Posted 8 months ago
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WORKING REMOTELY FROM WITHIN THE US IS ALSO AN OPTION)
Position Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
At Kickboard, we’re looking for a Support Specialist to ensure customer success in using our software platform to help build safe and happy schools.
This could be a perfect fit if…
- You “get” schools. You’ve worked in education, or you have family members who are lifelong educators. Improving our country’s education system makes you jump out of bed every morning.
- Your co-workers describe you as a level-headed communicator who readily solves problems in high-pressure environments.
- You are energized knowing that customers are depending on you. You’d never let a follow-up call go unscheduled or a task go unchecked on your to-do list.
- You are technologically curious. When presented with a problem, you are willing to dive in and test various scenarios to find the root cause and solution.
In this role, you will combine communication and problem-solving skills with empathy for the day-to-day realities of educators to ensure all customer schools are successful in implementing Kickboard’s software platform.
Specific day-to-day activities may involve:
- Being the “first responder” problem solver when issues are reported and communicating proactively with your supervisor when needed to troubleshoot
- Scheduling and leading online training workshops for new customers (no travel or in-person meetings required)
- Communicating with customers via email, phone, and live chat ensuring timely and professional responses to support inquiries
- Showing great initiative and creativity to support our customers, keep them happy and engaged, and ensure a strong retention rate
- Completing quality assurance testing of software updates to ensure seamless customer experiences
- Generating new and/or improving existing written and video technical documentation about the Kickboard platform
Kickboard’s philosophy about partnering with customers is rooted in our core values: Create Joy, Educators are Platinum, Stay Focused, Help Each Other Be Great, and Never Stop Growing. We’re looking for a candidate with mission fit, someone who will work relentlessly to ensure Kickboard is helping build safe and happy schools where students and staff thrive.
Given that the vast majority of our schools are composed predominantly of students of color, it should not be surprising that the culture and climate work we do with schools inevitably intersects with issues of race and disproportionality in discipline. Promoting equity is a priority for Kickboard and we are intentional about situating the work we do at the intersection of positive behavioral supports, cultural relevance, restorative practices, and racial equity.
- You take initiative. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with significant responsibility and autonomy, and a tight focus on results. You are self-motivated with ability to anticipate and take initiative to work independently or collaboratively as needed.
- You are a strong communicator with outstanding oral and written communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- You are a problem solver. You have the ability to generate innovative solutions collaboratively and independently.
- You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, project management skills, and attention to detail.
- You are tech-savvy. You are fluent with Google Apps, Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel), and love learning to use new software programs or apps. Experience conducting online meetings preferred.
- You are a curious learner. You have a deep hunger for acquiring new skills, professional growth, and continuous feedback.
- You have a bachelor’s degree, plus two to three years of professional experience preferably in an educational setting or organization that serves educators.
- Competitive salary
- Work alongside colleagues who are mission-driven and love to learn and grow
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Generous vacation policy