Posted about 1 year ago
SUSE PreSales EngineerJob Description:Job Description : SUSE PreSales Engineer
Join SUSE and experience a unique, team-oriented culture that manages to combine the flat hierarchy, friendliness, and agility of a startup with the stability of being one of the oldest and most successful pure open-source vendors in the world. We are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective. The Sales Engineer plays an instrumental role in the overall success of the sales team. In general, the SE is responsible for working with strategic partners such as server hardware vendors (both global and Japanese), systems integrators, ISVs and CSPs (cloud service providers) to develop partnership and business model with the latest open source technologies. In some cases, SE works directly with end user customer to assist their PoCs and projects.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
Solution area you cover:
- Co-develop sales strategies with other SUSE employees both domestic and global
- Meet partners and customers by yourself (without sales) to investigate feasibility of sales strategies and manage its execution
- Perform presentations and follow-up with prospective partners and customers
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audience
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs
- Support PoC of partners and/or customers
- Provide technical trainings to partners
- Proactively assist marketing activities, including press interviews, tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Participate open source community activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Linux, IaaS/OpenStack, Software Defined Storage (Ceph), Container and PaaS / Cloud Foundry
- At least five years’ experience of expert level experience with Enterprise Linux, Data Center Infrastructure, and Pre-Sales Engagement with partners for Large Enterprise customers
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision and a proven team player
- Must have technical knowledge of Linux, Public Cloud Infrastructure and Data Center Infrastructure
- Technical knowledge of Networking and Storage is required.
- An experience of OpenStack, SDS, Container, Kubernetes, High Performance Computing(HPC) or SAP HANA is a big plus.
- Advanced writing skill (in Japanese) to develop good presentation and/or white paper is a big plus.
- Business level English language skills to directly communicate with development team overseas is mandatory.
- Ability to travel overseas.
SalesSUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status