Posted 5 months ago
Systems Engineer, Partner EngineeringJob Description:Embedded Partner EngineerSUSE,
LOCATION: Provo, UT,
We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a technical expert, building, testing, and validating SUSEs portfolio of Open Source products with mission critical offerings from our embedded partners.
- Develop a relationship with your partners, so to understand their needs, technical environment, and future road maps.
- Provide highest level of technical knowledge of SUSEs product portfolio, especially focused on SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Ability to set up and create detailed reproduction and testing scenarios.
- Perform compatibility, reliability, and functionality testing using both SUSE developed and partner specific tests.
- Automate testing and diagnostics by creating custom scripts.
- Hardware and software tuning to ensure acceptable performance.
- Develop custom software image for quickly deploying into the partners environment. Technologies include (AutoYast, kiwi, and SUSE build service)
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and provide lessons learned.
- Use security scans to determine software vulnerabilities, determine best resolution. (DoD compliance)
- Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management organization within SUSE.
- Documenting solution proposals, technical use cases and reference architectures
- Understands, documents, and coordinates detailed requirements, and seamlessly engages with Product Management, Engineering and Support in service to the client.
- Construct SLES Based OS builds including maintenance updates, security patches and perform verification testing against defined HW units
- Build quarterly OS image releases and
- Installing the base system for testing. Troubleshoot OS related issues found via testing , program environment or install base
- Triage compatibility issues with designated HW suppliers
Reports to the Director of Technology - Alliances & Embedded Systems.
- First and foremost, a technical expert who provides excellent customer service.
- Operate programmatically
- Deep knowledge of Linux and open source in an enterprise environment
- Excellent time management and the ability to effectively prioritize workloads.
- Excellent networking, documentation, and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
- Bachelors degree in technology or comparable experience
- Willingness to travel 15%+
EngineeringSUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status