Posted 11 months ago
Do you love helping other people solve technology problems? Are you a great communicator with an abundance of empathy for end users? As a Technology Operations Engineer at Peerfit, you will leverage your expertise and assist the team with navigating the programs and tools we use on a daily basis. You will be responsible for walking employees of all levels through the process of achieving their goal with our team’s software suite, whether the problem relates to a user error, a bug or something else entirely. The Tech Operations Engineer will also be responsible for communicating with customer support, sales and product staff about suspected software problems and support the business as it grows. This may include:
- Designing and improving support processes for our help desk
- Handling escalated support inquiries from our help desk
- Helping automate and scale our business operations
- Onboarding and offboarding employees to include access provisioning
- Managing and administering security and compliance platforms
As a Tech Operations Engineer, you’ll be monitoring, maintaining, and supporting the cloud systems, infrastructure, and backoffice software that drive the organization. You will be responsible for designing and implementing support procedures for our help desk, and handling escalations from the help desk when needed. Our team is also responsible for implementing and administering a suite of security and compliance tools for Peerfit. Occasional business travel, including for bi-annual company meetings, is required.
Experience / Qualifications
- Positive attitude, solutions-focused, and open to feedback
- Aptitude for growth and adaptation
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Detail oriented and a self-starter in managing a list of tasks through to completion
- 2-3 years of professional experience in Information Technology and/or Technical Support
- Up-to-date technical knowledge with Cloud based tools and systems
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels and message accordingly
- Previous proven experience in a fully-remote work environment
- Experience with Mac operating systems
- Experience with Security and Compliance protocols
Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Who We Need (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is inquisitive and curious
- Is self-directed with great problem solving skills
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
- Exercises sound judgement in the approaches taken to solving technical issues, projecting confidence, and building trust
- Comfortable acting as a face of Product Technology Operations to both internal staff and occasionally external customers
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing many different tasks through good time management and expectation setting
- Not afraid to ask for help or escalate when support is needed, ready to take accountability when things go wrong, and able to drive improvement towards better future outcomes
What You Get
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our recruiting and hiring processes are free of discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other protected group status as defined by law. To request assistance or accommodation with the application process, email us at email@example.com.