Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the technology arm of our Solutions Division. Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response
, and we are seeking someone who wants to use their technical background to get things done and find solutions to complex problems to help in this response. In this role, you will take on accountability for the optimal solution strategy, solution architecture, design, and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform CommCare
This position will be based out of our Cambridge, MA office but is also open to remote employment within the US.
The Solutions Division helps to bridge the in-depth domain-knowledge of our partners and field team with the power of our technology platform. This position will work directly with partners in the field on national-scale health projects, alongside our product team driving requirements on the next generation of our tools. You will also have the opportunity to work with our software team translating real-world experience to design.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of our software platform and push the boundaries of what CommCare can do. That experience and training will help you to design the architecture, best practices, and design patterns that our field teams apply to their work. You’ll work with our world-class services team to help them adopt those patterns and build Dimagi’s global capacity.
- Serve as the technical solution lead across several CommCare engagements, carefully weighing the balance between introducing new feature design and platform complexity to maximize partner impact realization
- Demonstrate mastery of our platform feature limitation and upper bounds
- Understand common integration points (PowerBI, Tableau, DHIS2) and recommend technology pairings for complete use cases
- Implement advanced CommCare app features for Dimagi projects which require platform expertise and a high level of technical competency
- Provide early-stage design support for projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components
- Communicate product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform
- Work with Dimagi’s support team to backstop issues requiring in-depth knowledge of the platform. Develop tools and procedures to build capacity in the support team to resolve complex problems independently
Skills and Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in a professional technical role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing role
- Capacity to seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, Http response, etc.) to identify and address problems
- Able to rapidly build a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders by communicating complex technical concepts in clear, straightforward, readily consumable language
- Aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.