Posted 6 months ago
This position is remote, based in North America or EMEA.
As a technical marketing manager, you will work closely with our marketing, engineering, product, business development and sales team, and partners to help everyone understand how core GitLab technical value offerings solve customer problems as well as educate them about market competitors. You will be responsible for technical marketing content and representing GitLab as a technical evangelist at key trade shows and customer meetings.
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge using or building software products, particularly cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools.
- 2-3 years experience developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies across the software development lifecycle. Preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Install, configure, evaluate, and analyze competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them with GitLab's offerings
- Maintain competitive information repository and keep it up to date.
- Develop technical collateral such as demos, webinars, videos, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, and assist with customer Requests For Proposals (RFPs).
- Represent GitLab as a technical evangelist at trade shows and customer meetings
- Demonstrate GitLab value across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.