Posted about 1 year ago
As a Technical Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our marketing, engineering, business development and sales team, and partners to help them understand how core GitLab technical value offerings solve customer problems as well as educate them about market competitors. You will be responsible for technical marketing content and representing GitLab as a technical evangelist at key trade shows and customer meetings.
Specialty - Security
- At least 2-3 years of product marketing experience marketing cybersecurity products and services such as application security, end point security, SIEM, security analytics or network security domains.
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs of the cybersecurity space.
- Train and enable sales and partner teams to understand GitLab security features and capabilities of the product.
- Install, configure, evaluate, and analyze competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them with GitLab’s offerings
- Maintain competitive information repository and keep it up to date.
- Develop technical collateral such as demos, webinars, videos, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, and assist with customer Requests For Proposals (RFPs).
- Represent GitLab as a technical evangelist at trade shows and customer meetings
- Demonstrate GitLab value across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge using or building software products, particularly security software, collaboration software, or developer tools.
- 2-3 years experience developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies across the software development lifecycle. Preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- 4-5 years experience independently developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- In-depth industry experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies across the software development lifecycle. Preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- Experience designing and delivering sales enablement training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates then will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Marketing Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Manager.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Product Marketing.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.