Posted 10 months ago
Technical Project Manager
Oakland, CA, or Remote
Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
Chief Cat Herder. Knower of all the things. Roadblock smasher. Process maestro. Problem Solver. Ring a bell? If you’ve ever been referred to by one of those terms, you may be a good fit for our hardworking, affable, fun, slightly zany engineering team. We are an independent startup that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, giving us both the resources and reach of a multinational along with the nimbleness and independence of a fast-growing startup. Our rapidly expanding engineering organization is looking for someone to help us plan, prioritize, and deliver in an efficient, scalable manner.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to:
- Work with engineering managers and product managers to plan and prioritize work
- Promote a delivery driven culture at all levels of the organization
- Communicate shared understanding of direction and objectives across the team and drive alignment
- Work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues, clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, and drive resolutions.
- Work cross-functionally with project managers in our Solutions organization to deliver outstanding products to our customers.
- Build strategic relationships with key engineering, GTM, and product leaders to ensure alignment with the broader Comfy team
- Drive quarterly roadmap and resource planning activities and deliverables
- Manage and maintain team backlogs and ensure forward project momentum
- Drive alignment and communication with remote engineering teams
- Clearly communicate changes/requests to the team and status/compromises to stakeholders
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes
- Function as a “Chief of Staff” to our CTO, supporting various special projects within the engineering organization
- 5+ years of full-time experience managing technical projects
- 2+ years of experience managing large-scale SaaS development projects
- B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with QA and testing, and helping define QA processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing software development projects utilizing Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Driven by curiosity-you’ve never met a problem you didn’t want to find the origin of.
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Bonus Points For
- Solid understanding of Jira- you can help us make the best use of our tools.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Service Cloud or Salesforce
- Agile/SCRUM certifications
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand-new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse