Does helping technology executives achieve their goals bring you joy? Are you enthusiastic about development practices that make codebases more stable, scalable, and secure? Is it fun for you to make technical concepts accessible to broader audiences? Are you a self-motivated and proactive person who loves being an integrator between business and engineering teams? If so, Corgibytes is looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our team, and it sounds like it could be you!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be a driving force of the Corgibytes sales team. Our ideal candidate is gifted when it comes to developing strong relationships, has direct experience modernizing software, is an outstanding communicator, loves finding solutions to problems, and possesses a strong drive to achieve results.
This remote position is full-time (30-40 hrs per week) with lots of flexibility over where and when you work. Travel is sometimes needed, but not often. As for time zones we work in, the vast majority of our customer base is in the United States, with the occasional few in Europe.
The base rate is US$43.27/hour (which comes to $90k/year at a 40 hour week) plus commission for successfully meeting delivery targets. We pay our staff hourly to provide the most scheduling flexibility.
- Lots of schedule flexibility
- Paid Time Off - up to 240 hours (6 forty-hour work weeks) per year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid time for professional development
- Weekly yoga/meditation classes
- All-team on-site retreats about once per year
WHAT CORGIBYTES DOES
Corgibytes is a boutique consultancy that specializes in modernizing software. Think of your favorite HGTV remodeling show, but with code.
At Corgibytes, we approach our work through the lens of these core values:
Act With Empathy: Listening and understanding is at the very heart of our culture. Consider the people who are impacted by your work: your clients, your users, your teammates, and even your future self.
Adopt a Growth Mindset: Constantly find ways to expand your knowledge and learn new things. Your intelligence and talent are not fixed; they’re developed over time through perseverance, dedication, and hard work.
Calm the Chaos: Urgency leads to errors, frenzy to frustration. We focus on developing the steady working rhythm and calm mind that works best for solving complex problems.
Communication is Just as Important as Code: No one at Corgibytes identifies themselves as a “technical” or “non-technical” because everyone is both. Practice both types of skills regularly.
Craft in Context: Match your solution to the situation. Sometimes it’s a quick and dirty prototype to prove a concept. When the stakes are high, spending extra time getting it right is the best way to go.
Does this sound like you? Awesome! We live these values every day, and they’re a guide in making decisions, no matter how small. They’ve helped us develop a culture where folks are autonomous, responsible, and work hard without feeling burned out or like they have to choose between family and work. We’re the type of company where it’s common to see a toddler bouncing on a knee during a meeting. As an intentionally distributed team, we focus more on results than micromanagement. Our core values are key to our culture, as are our pillars of autonomy, balance, inclusion, and trust.
Our founders are recognized thought-leaders in the world of software modernization, keynoting frequently at software conferences
around the world, writing articles
in respected periodicals, blogging
about their ideas, and interviewing software leaders on their podcast
. We’re looking for someone who can help us respond to and nurture inbound leads that are generated from our content marketing while also being proactive in seeking out new opportunities using effective outbound techniques.
If you’re interested in this type of position — if you enjoy translating deep technical concepts, meeting new people, finding ways to attract potential new clients, rolling up your sleeves to just get the job done — but don’t quite have all the experience we’ve described, we encourage you to apply anyway! Many skills are transferable.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING
- Develop strong relationships with potential new clients to establish how our services can help them solve their legacy code pain points.
- Respond promptly to inbound sales inquiries.
- Document interactions with prospective clients by keeping detailed meeting notes.
- Discover prospective customers and develop new target segments.
- Monitor and report sales and sales revenue metrics.
- Forecast sales and share with the executive team.
- Collaborate closely with developers to translate deep technical concepts into actionable recommendations for key decision-makers.
- Produce contractual documents such as Proposals, Master Services Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and Statements of Work by leveraging existing templates.
- Coordinate final contract approval with legal.
- Research and respond to Requests for Proposals and similar opportunities.
- Work closely with Accounts Coordinator and assist with client onboarding by setting clear expectations and making introductions to the delivery team.
- Oversee and improve the sales process to consistently meet and exceed sales goals.
- Work closely with the marketing team to generate inbound leads.
- Keep Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool up to date by regularly maintaining and updating sales and client records. (We currently use Pipedrive.)
- Create automated workflows to help manage work more efficiently.
- Coordinate sales details by managing schedules, ensuring important documents are signed and communicating relevant information.
- Contribute to the company blog with articles that describe and demonstrate Corgibytes’ technical philosophy.
- Assist in the delivery of Code Inspections™, a report that provides technical recommendations to executives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional ability to synthesize and communicate highly-technical information, particularly in written form.
- Understands technical practices associated with modernizing legacy systems (refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, containerization, etc.)
- Builds rapport quickly and forges strong relationships with technology executives.
- Picks up the concepts of various technologies quickly and can accurately describe how they can be leveraged to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational and task-management skills.
- Strong ability to explain services as solutions (no “pushy sales”).
- Practices relationship-based selling and customer service principles to develop trust and navigate complexity.
- Diligent follow up and ability to manage the details of multiple concurrent opportunities.
- Discovers and develops new opportunities through effective investigation and outreach.
- Communicates effectively with technology executives (CTOs, CIOs, VPs of Engineering, etc.) and thoroughly understands the challenges and aspirations of this market segment.
- Previous role as a sales engineer, software developer, product owner/manager, technical coach, agile coach, scrum master, or a similar position with a proven track record of identifying opportunities and exceeding customer expectations.
- Forged and managed strategic partnerships or similar types of long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Worked with engineering and business teams to help these groups clearly understand the benefits, value, timeline, prioritization, impact, and expectations of a software project.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and expand opportunities through effective relationship building.
WHAT WE CONSIDER AN ASSET
- Joyfully discusses the philosophy and practices of modernizing software.
- Deep familiarity with the content on the Corgibytes blog and podcast.
- Connections to established networks of technology leaders.
- Specific examples of growing revenue through sales activity.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working in a growing company, leading a team, and/or being an entrepreneur.
- Education, certificates, or work experience in the areas of software development, sales, and/or business.
- Ability to build software.
- Familiarity with Brené Brown’s body of work.
- Experience working on a remote team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (visible or invisible), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We believe in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where people can show up as their authentic selves. Our CEO was featured in the book Erasing Institutional Bias: How to Create Systemic Change for Organizational Inclusion
by Dr. Tiffany Jana for some of the ideas she has implemented.