Posted 7 months ago
Technical Support Associate
Contract type - Full-time
Location - London, UK or Austin, USARole Description
You will be accountable for providing outstanding technical support experience to our employees and customers. From problem qualification to full resolution, you will own and manage your cases. When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues or involve senior engineers.
Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service-oriented professional. Every day you will have to make judgement calls regarding your ticket queue, how to prioritize it, how to maximize your effectiveness, how to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies and evolve as a professional.
You will also participate in various training sessions, team gatherings and Company events.Key areas of accountability and responsibility
Your day to day duties will include:
- Work from the local office and provide face to face technical support with employees.
Skills and expertise
- Be available to take ownership of new cases via telephone, email and Web
- Act as an internal customer advocate keeping them updated in a timely manner
- Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments
- Contribute your findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date
- Prioritize your work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent tasks first
- Keep on learning as our products and services grow and evolve
- Maintain regular communication and information exchange with the rest of the team, locally and remotely
- Identify and suggest any opportunities to provide a better service
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Experience in a Linux based environment
- Linux knowledge including the installation, troubleshooting and basic configuration of recent Ubuntu Desktop releases (other Linux distros considered)
- Basic desktop Linux usage (desktop tools for editing files, browsing the Web, managing Internet connectivity, setup of printers/services/packages/external storage devices/etc. utilizing command line tools for exploring and manipulating the file system)
- Basic troubleshooting (collecting logs, basic fine-tuning by editing configuration files)
- Familiarity with safely installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and repairing machines with multiple operating systems and troubleshooting to recover broken installations
- Understanding of Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Applications and Single Sign-On.
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer facing job
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills