Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team is looking for a skilled Technical Support Engineer to join our team supporting the JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite (JEMS) in Pune, India. In this role, you’ll assist customers to understand our offerings better and help them create high performance and scalable solutions. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide an important level of technical assistance to ensure that our highly-valued customers get the most out of the solution. Your responsibilities will extend well beyond product support as you will take on the role of a trusted partner to our enterprise customers by offering developer-to-developer assistance for the JBoss open source middleware software.
- Provide a detailed level of technical assistance to ensure that our customers get the most out of our JBoss solution
- Engage and collaborate with open source developers around the world
- Offer developer-to-developer assistance for the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite (JEMS)
- Work alongside in-house developers, write new code, fix and improve code, provide highly technical solutions, and contribute to the JBoss and open source software communities
- Serve as the technical point of contact for a technology of your choice within the JBoss solutions family
- Develop patches and feature requests to provide upstream to the community and downstream to customers
- Advise customers on JEE architectural design decisions and help them understand how to best use Red Hat’s offerings in their enterprise solutions by preparing proof-of-concept (POC)-based projects as and when required
- Work at other open source projects to help customers integrate Red Hat’s solutions with their applications
- Solid understanding of web security fundamentals like securing hosts, securing network, and security applications
- Experience with cryptography including PKI, SSL and TLS, and key management
- Knowledge of JAAS concepts to secure the web and the enterprise JBoss applications
- Maintain some knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, attacks, attack methods, and remediation techniques
- Knowledge of the Java Development Kit (JDK) utility keytool or OpenSSL
- Basic knowledge of single sign-on (SSO) technologies like Kerberos and SAML
- Good understanding of concepts like running applications under java security manager
- Ability and willingness to learn new open source middleware technologies
- Clear and effective communication skills in English and the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers, third-party vendors, and Red Hat’s associates
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Basic knowledge of OAuth and Web Services Security (WS Security)
- Experience with application and web servers technologies like Red Hat Middleware, IBM WebSphere or Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Microsoft IIS
- Experience with the JEE platform
- Experience with the JEE or application server technologies like Java Message Service (JMS), Web services, Java servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSP), JDBC, Hibernate, Tomcat, or Datasource, Security.
- Knowledge on LDAP servers like LDAP Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Red Hat Directory Server (RHDS), etc. is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.