Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Help us resolve issues of enterprise customers by providing high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize uptime and reduce information technology (IT) costs. The Red Hat Support Engineering team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will work as part of a team dedicated to resolving issues quickly and efficiently. You'll collaborate with the top developers and architects of our customers and assist our technical support engineers with complex and challenging issues. You'll also partner closely with the development engineering teams and work alongside some of the brightest developers in the open source community, as well as with Red Hat's key strategic cloud partners like Microsoft to jointly solve multi-vendor customer issues. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will get the opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing enterprise software and services companies and the leading provider of open source software solutions.
- Partner with the Red Hat OpenShift Online and OKD communities to develop and review patches and test cases
- Analyze upstream development against current customer-reported defects and develop patches to resolve issues
- Use tools like cURL, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, strace, and Wireshark to investigate and troubleshoot technical issues
- Record customer interactions, including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues
- Work closely with Red Hat's development engineering teams and assist production support engineers and technical account managers
- Partner with Red Hat's strategic cloud partners like Microsoft to jointly solve multi-vendor customer issues
- Demonstrate considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat's customers
- Manage your workload to ensure that all customer issues are handled and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; degree in engineering or computer science is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a support or development engineer for a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) provider or hosting service
- 5+ years of experience with Linux or Unix operating systems
- Experience with Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance is a big plus
- Solid experience with Linux performance troubleshooting, networking, filesystem, and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, and CloudFoundry is a plus
- Experience working with hosted applications or large scale application deployments
- Experience with developer workflows, continuous Integration (CI) like Jenkins and continuous deployment paradigms
- Good understanding of Linux tools, with an emphasis on cURL, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, strace, and Wireshark
- Solid development-level experience with multiple programming languages and experience writing patches or pull requests
- Upstream involvement in open source projects, including patches submitted for upstream inclusion, is a plus
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; fluent communication skills in English are a plus
- Committed to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.