Posted about 1 year ago
We’re looking for a passionate Technical Support Engineer to join our team. As part of the Support Team, the Technical Support Engineer works directly with customers to assist them with troubleshooting issues, products, and technical questions.
We are ThemeIsle and we’ve been on the WordPress market for a couple of years now. We’ve developed several successful products during this time. For instance, our flagship theme Hestia is used on +100,000 websites, along with our newest theme Neve is listed in the top most popular themes of the official WordPress directory.
WordPress products don’t need to be boring(!) – that’s our primary motto – and we’re doing everything we can to prove it ... starting from our site design (focused around pirates and rum), to our whole work attitude in general.
Besides keeping our customers happy, you will be involved in the product development process. This means that you will get to work together with our development team and decide which features noted by our users will move into production. Take ownership, you’ll be given a lot of freedom, and you’ll have a real impact on our products.
Your duties on the island:
- Help solve any customer complaints (technical issues, pre-sales, account-related)
- Identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research each issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives, while providing the best value and empathy towards the customer
- Troubleshooting, investigating and reporting issues for our developing team
- Crafting and editing our support documentation http://docs.themeisle.com/ to help users and help themselves (all the documentation on our docs site is written and maintained by the support team)
- Working together with the rest of the team by sharing knowledge and insights among team members (using Slack)
- Occasionally writing and debugging code to get things done
- Build relationships with members of our Support team and work hard to help them level up their skills
This role requires:
- A genuine concern to help u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ people
- Applying our company's vision to our customer support process
- Working independently, prioritizing and being organized
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- You're a self-learner who is flexible, and willing to try new things
- You are excited about working remotely, often communicating with the teammates (using Slack, Zoom), and some times face-to-face (we make a retreat with the entire company once per year)
- Prioritise projects according to customers’ needs
Bonus points if:
- You have experience in developing plugins
- You are a solution-oriented person
- You have previous professional experience in a customer service/support environment
- You have at least +3 years experience of as a tech lead
- Remote work – work from home or wherever you work best
- Be part of a diverse team - we're 25 people spread across three continents
- Expand your skills and learn by doing
- Attend WordCamps, and retreats together. The entire team gathers once a year for a week in a different country to work, learn and have fun together.
NOTE: This position is for a remote contractor.