Posted 4 months ago
Direct applicants with unrestricted UK right to work only, no agencies and no sponsorship available at this time.
This role is permanent but associate/contract will also be considered for specific engagements. Please indicate your preference on your application.
Spike95 is a technical testing consultancy founded in 2015 on the premise of being a company that organisations can count on to accelerate the delivery of their software and never compromise on quality or performance.
Our senior team bring years of technical experience honed in major UK software testing consultancies. They have forged a strong network and gained hands-on experience across multiple industries in some extremely challenging technical projects, notably in retail, finance, and technology companies either directly working for the end client or as part of a multi-supplier team. Learn more about us here – www.spike95.co.uk
We are looking for a technically-minded and experienced test experts to join our team, this key role is focused on defining and implementing solutions to complex environments and data challenges across our growing client portfolio. You will have the opportunity to work across many different projects using a wide variety of technologies, and tools. Ideally you will have a deep understanding of retail/e-commerce and the ability to work in complex and challenging environments, with strong stakeholder management skills. Previous experience in retail ERP systems such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Retail, Commerce Tools or Oracle Retail would be a major bonus.
Ultimately we want people with a proven ability to make things happen for our client's mission critical programmes.
- Fulfils a key customer-facing role on our test management team at key clients undergoing major change programmes
- Defines & owns Test Environment requirements for our team and our client's engineering teams to deliver
- Defines and owns the Tooling requirements, co-ordinating with all key stakeholders in programme
- Defines & owns Test Data requirements for delivery from our clients' data teams and aligns this to also our own data creation activities
- Responsible for the identification, scheduling and maintenance of Test Data
- Defines Test Release strategy working with our clients' release management teams
- Provides content for the High-level test strategy
- Supports the definition of the test backlog
- Supports the definition of the sprint plans
- Flex / float to support other test workstreams as necessary
- Provides guidance, oversight, governance, thought-leadership & tech support to clients and our teams
- Provides accurate and timely MI/reporting against plan & transparent auditability at all times
- Contributes to RAID logs & pro-actively manages risks & issues to closure
- Proactively manages business stakeholders at all levels
- Provides support to other test workstreams where required
- Delivering within large test programmes across multiple work-streams, vendors and delivery methodologies
- Supports the Spike95 sales team in the pre-sales and account management process to ensure our clients are always delighted with our work
- Proven experience in ensuring delivery of test environments and data including the ability to liaise hands-on with technical staff and lift out key information to senior stakeholders
- Highly skilled & experienced in complex environment and data planning & co-ordination across multiple work streams, teams, vendors, locations & skill-sets
- Can collaborate with and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders, resources and teams
- Ability to work at senior/strategic and lower level process/technical levels
- Ideally has previous experience working in the retail industry
- Proven reputation in delivering as part of large-scale mission-critical change programmes
- Modern Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
- Understand evolving technology and test techniques, technologies and tooling
Start Date May/June 2021
Rate £65k - £80k per annum permanent, £neg contract.