Posted about 1 month ago
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
About the role
As a Test Engineer in the Product department at Zyte, you will be ultimately responsible for testing integral elements of our product offering in order to ensure that they are functional and in line with the marketable quality that our customer base expects on a consistent basis. This will of course be especially useful as we conduct versioning on each product; the role will require someone who can test new features and ensure bugs have been correctly resolved as part of each release. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy ensuring that a suite of products maintains a high level of quality when it comes to serving a globally diverse clientbase.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end QA process for Zyte platform components such as Smart Proxy Manager, Zyte API, and Automatic Extraction.
- Collaborate effectively with Head of QA, Project/Product Managers, and Developers to understand platform and product features.
- Distill product requirements and documentation into test specifications to ensure broad and deep test coverage.
- Understand what an appropriate test/staging environment will look like; work with the relevant internal stakeholders to build this out.
- Using a combination of initially manual and semi-automated techniques, test both the usability and the correct functioning of existing and new product components including but not limited to: internal and customer-facing dashboards, email integrations, billing and payment integration, analytics, etc.
- Create comprehensive, reproducible bug reports.
- Define clear, unambiguous acceptance/release criteria that dovetail with your test specifications.
- For new features, be able to answer the question “We built the thing right, but did we build the right thing?” before signing off any release.
- Know which tests should remain manual in nature, while looking for opportunities to fully automate some aspects of the testing; work with Head of QA to make this happen.
- Beyond test automation, proactively make improvements to QA methodologies by employing other technologies and tools.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Technical Product QA, ideally of SaaS offerings.
- Demonstrable experience testing HTTP APIs, web front ends, and backend integrations.
- Demonstrable test automation experience, preferably with Python.
- Experience with modern CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Drone, CircleCI, BitBucket Pipelines, or similar.
- Solid grasp of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; confident communicator; able to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels with various stakeholders on all matters QA.
- Good understanding of web frontend technologies.
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working remotely and managing asynchronous communication.
- Experience with UI, API, and Functional test tools such as Selenium, Capybara, Citrus, JMeter, Postman, or similar.
- Experience with Product QA specifically as it pertains to data extraction from the web.
As a new Zytan, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.