Posted about 1 year ago
Cloud Enablement & Automation - Tooling and Automation Engineer
As part of the Cloud Enablement & Automation - Tooling and Automation team within Oracle's Global Information Technology organization, you will be responsible for the Operations of IT services to Oracle's businesses worldwide, these services include the management and support of the internal global tooling infrastructure to enable Enterprise Automation & Service Assurance functions, using both off-the-shelf products and open-source/freeware Tools.
- Ability to read and basic authoring abilities for Perl, Bash and MySQL
- Ability to work in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure technologies - SNMP, TCP/UDP, Netflow
- Knowledge of database concepts, preferably experience with Oracle or MySQL databases.
- 2 years relevant work experience and degree/diploma in computer science or other IT discipline
- Experience of supporting Service Assurance products and/or solutions.
- Knowledge of Network Monitoring & Management technologies. IT Service Assurance & Automation products including Fault and Performance Monitoring, Event Management, Service Testing and Monitoring, Network Traffic Monitoring & Capacity Management, End User Experience Monitoring, Configuration and Change Management.
- Application/Network Performance Monitoring (APM/NPM) a plus.
- Experience of Unix/Linux platforms and preferably programming experience in Perl, Shell, Python, Java (preferable) or other languages.
Working as part of a global team, the successful candidate will provide operational support for the suite of tools used to provide Automation, assurance and monitoring to Oracle Global IT providing:
Proactive capabilities - Execution of service health checks, failover testing, compliance and more.
Reactive capabilities - Incidents and change request resolution and escalations. Vendor engagement (TAC).
Monitoring - Event pickup and triage, Hotline.
Maintenance of applications, reaction to failures, liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary. Escalate client problems according to established procedures. Recommend enhancements to the network infrastructure and enhance proactive network management tool set. Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, occasionally with guidance from more experienced staff, depending on complexity. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in line with existing procedures and practices. Provide on-call support services as needed.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Available for off hours and weekend support as necessary
- A focus on customer service / satisfaction with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work within a global, remote workforce
- Ability to work in a pressured production environment while not compromising on the quality of the service provided
- Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs
- Work from office location (not a remote position)
- Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the design, development, modifications, debugging, and evaluation of programs for use in internal systems within a specific function area.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).