Posted 11 months ago
Virtual Travel Consultant/Customer Service Travel Career Program
Locations: United States
Get a first-class start to your travel career.
If you have a flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive 11-week, paid training and mentoring program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a leader in the travel industry?
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day from home, as an extension of our call center:
- You will delight our premium Card Members with unforgettable experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact finding questions
- If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international air, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
- At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
What you need to thrive.
- Proven ability to provide premium customer service
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierges/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles. Travel reservation experience is a plus.
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Sufficient geography knowledge
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Residing in Mountain or Pacific Time Zone is preferred
We service our Card Members 24 hours / 7 days per week. Hours of operation for this position are from 5am 2:30am Local Time, subject to change due to business needs. Multiple start dates and schedules are available; however, must be able to work night and/or weekends.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate a phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- American Express will provide BYOI participants a monthly allowance to help offset costs of phone and internet services. In addition, you would receive an additional one time allowance to offset installation fees.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted).
- Dedicated analog landline phone (no VOIP) is required. Phone modem (vs. a wall jack) preferred where available.
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- Candidates must reside in one of the states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, with the exception of California and Alaska). If you live within 35 miles of one of our TLS Service Centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), you may be required to work in the Service Center.
Why American Express?
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time