WHO WE ARE
) is an independent non-profit organization that serves the global research community. Our mission
is to connect research and researchers, with a strong focus on user control and privacy
. Launched in October 2012, there are now over 8,000,000 registered ORCID users, more than 1,100 member organizations, and over 30 staff members in 15 countries. Our website and Registry (orcid.org) are published in 11 languages.
We are a mission-driven not-for-profit organization grounded by our core values: we are open, transparent, collaborative, global, diverse, inclusive, trusted, and persistent. We are committed to our values and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Our team
is diverse, and based around the globe.
ORCID, a mission-driven non-profit organization, is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated team member with exceptional communication skills to join our user-centric and highly responsive Support Team. The successful candidate will join our remote team, responding to user queries from researchers around the world, answering questions and providing guidance on how to use the ORCID Registry.
On average, ~70% of your time will be spent on user queries, answering ~500 tickets a week, with the remaining time dedicated to other projects, such as workflow improvements, documentation, ticket analytics, reviewing spam accounts or additional projects as needed. We are a small and highly collaborative team, where you will play an integral role in identifying ways we can improve the user support experience, including improvements to our processes and workflows.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is remote. Candidates must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC.
Working with ORCID colleagues, the User Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that we support our global user community and will serve as the “voice of the user” within the organization. The key responsibilities include:
- Providing timely and friendly replies to user queries (cca. 500 per week) via the Zendesk platform, in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Identifying process improvements for the ticketing and user feedback workflows and other ways we can improve the user support experience
- Reporting bugs to the Development team
- Sharing feedback and feature requests from users with the Product team
- Assisting with writing and reviewing documentation for users
- Reviewing suspect accounts to identify spam
- Participating in calls and projects with other teams as needed to provide a “voice of the user” to the organization
- Assisting with other projects as needed
- Fluent written and spoken communication in all 3 languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese. Additional languages a plus.
- 1-2+ years experience providing user support via a helpdesk platform (Zendesk or similar) or via email. Administrator experience with Zendesk or a similar tool preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment
- Experience extracting and communicating actionable recommendations from feedback and data
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Tech-savvy and able to troubleshoot technical issues
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for a startup or in the research community
- Experience improving support workflows and processes
- Experience resolving disputes or other sensitive issues
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience with analytics, especially with ticket data
- A committed and awesome team serving an engaged community
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- ORCID provides a laptop
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your letter please include a pirate joke and please respond to the following questions:
- What languages are you fluent in (besides English)?
- How many years of user support experience do you have?
- Which helpdesk platform(s) have you used?
- What are your salary expectations? (indicating a range is fine.)
- What timezone are you located in?