Posted about 1 year ago
(View All Jobs)
- 12 month fixed term contract and permanent positions available!
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women and one of the Best Places to Work
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world's largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we're also growing really fast!
You will be joining a newly formed delivery team in the Content Group, who look after our community of Authors, a community of talented and successful creative entrepreneurs that earn a living through offering high-quality content to the Envato ecosystem.
You're responsible for understanding, exploring and solving user and business problems as part of a collaborative and user centred design process on a range of projects balancing the needs of our users with the business goals and company vision. You'll also add your visual design expertise to enable efficient and iterative delivery of a great product.
You report to a Senior UX Designer as part of the UX & Design team, and are also an active member of an agile product delivery team. You will collaborate closely with both teams to solve user problems.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for defining a user experience that solves user needs that is accessible and consistent with other Envato products. You are expected to:
- Support the successful design and delivery of projects via a clearly defined, collaborative and repeatable design process.
- Facilitate, participate and lead collaborative workshops and 1:1 interviews with your delivery teams, stakeholders & subject matter experts to help the team understand problems and opportunities, explore ideas and validate direction.
- Work with our UX Researcher to determine the best research methods and then execute on the plan.
- Rapid prototype design solutions to validate with our users.
- Apply the Envato design language to mockups and support the development team on the entire implementation process to ensure the designs will consistently come to life.
- Provide constructive feedback to other designers in the team.
- Present and rationalise design recommendations to General Managers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
- Align with the Envato values and design against Envato's design principles.
As a member of the Envato Design Team you will be expected to represent design in a consistent way to your delivery team and other parts of the business by:
What we're looking for
- Instinctively collaborative in how you work and seek feedback both formally and informally with all types of stakeholders.
- Being the champion for our users and their needs through a well structured design process that is centered around validation.
- Being an advocate for the brand and consistency with an acute understanding of when to push, question and if appropriate improve the guidelines.
- Constantly looking to improve your process and the way we do things at Envato.
What we offer
- Demonstrated experience in a similar UX/product design role with a portfolio showing examples of how you:
- Explore and understand the user problem via formal and informal research & testing sessions and being able to translate into tangible insights.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the project.
- Explore different design directions and chose a selected option.
- Next steps/lessons learned.
- In depth understanding of user interface design including usability, accessibility and responsive design.
- Experience working with engineers in an Agile or Lean environment to make the dream becomes a reality.
Who should apply?
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!