Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
Sahoja is creating an online community for positive change. During your experience at Sahoja, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the industry’s most innovative technology and highly creative ideas. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment. Sahoja is now hiring for a UX/UI Lead to be part of the startup team, working with a dynamic group of professionals, entrepreneurs and interns who are passionate about social good and using technology to make a positive impact in the world. Visit www.sahoja.co to learn more.
About the job:
This is a dynamic, fast paced, venture where you will help drive the User Experience roadmap and lead user interface design for Sahoja. Your role will be to manage the full User Experience of the Sahoja app as well as design and help implement the User Interfaces. The UX/UI Lead is an on-the-ground contributor at the very heart of the Sahoja team ensuring the product can continue to move fast, delight clients and deliver great solutions at scale. This position reports to the Chief Product Officer.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Implement and Manage a User Experience methodology for Sahoja.
· Define the standards of interaction and evolve them with emerging use cases.
· Define our UI standards / patterns and help enforce them across a diverse development team.
· Represent design ideas in storyboards, process flows, and system sitemaps.
· Develop wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes for new ideas and offerings.
· Support the various product and technology teams in the implementation of the designs, ensuring they meet your meticulous details.
· Be a strong partner between the Marketing and Technology teams to learn from the market and implement industry changing approaches to social and ecommerce experiences.
· Become an expert in the Sahoja solution suite and represent all end-user aspects.
· Understand and translate an end user journey map into easy to understand analytics, visualizations, and data representations.
· BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (Design, Computer Science, etc.).
· 4 or more years in a UX/UI Designer or similar role.
· Demonstrable expertise in your chosen design tool suite.
· Highly proficient in your chosen prototyping environment.
· Experience designing responsive designs across a multitude of device types.
· Strong experience working in an agile development environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Solid interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills and commitment to develop further.
· Natural curiosity and tendency to question the status quo.
· Experience in the eCommerce and Social computing space preferred.
· Prior start-up experience strongly preferred.
· Advanced degree preferred.
Hourly rate dependent upon experience/qualifications.
Sahoja, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.