Posted 22 days ago
You’ll serve as the go-to for front end technology recommendations and implementation leadership on the web and beyond. You’ll partner with our UX and design teams to conceptualize and define the user experience, and collaborate with our backend team while integrating UIs into multitude of commerce platforms. As part of the team, you’ll be challenged to adopt a platform-agnostic mindset, applying common patterns to new technologies and approaches. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, accumulate an impeccable portfolio and have a lasting impact on not only some exceptional B2B and consumer brands—but a team of eager creative technologies to do the same.
What you will be doing:
● Lead creative technologists in building presentation layers (HTML/CSS/JS) across a portfolio of projects, prototypes, and proofs of concepts
● Recommend front-end architecture, approaches, frameworks and patterns to meet project goals
● Ensure quality and timeliness of creative tech deliverables
● Contribute and lead adherence to creative technology best practices
● Communicate effectively both internally and directly with our clients
● Contribute to sprint planning alongside the creative lead
● Estimate effort for collaboration, features and fixes
● Identify experience/technical opportunities and risks
● Support the career paths of your direct reports
● Collaborate and solution with Design, UX, Business Analyst, BED and QA teams
● Lead framework/methodology architecture utilizing one or more of the following Angular/React/Vue, BEM, SASS, Grunt/Gulp, Atomic Design, etc.
● Provide relevant subject matter expertise as it pertains to presentation layer architecture, recommendations, and best practices
You should bring to the table:
● Strong problem solving skills
● Solid portfolio of projects that provide an elevated experiences
● Understanding of mobile first/responsive design
● Understanding of templating systems such as Mustache, Magento, WordPress, ImpEx
● Experience using CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS)
● Ability to effectively present ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
● Ability to help contribute HTML/CSS/JS to a project code base when needed
● Understanding of email marketing and development
● Knowledge of SEO and best practices
● Knowledge of front end Analytics concepts such as Tagging, Data Layers, etc.
Additional experience will be an asset:
● Hybrid / Native Application Development (iOS and Android)
● Experience using established CSS architecture patterns for code reuse and modularity such as BEM, SMACSS, etc.
● UX/Design experience.
● Knowledge of CSS3/JS transitions and animations.