Posted 3 months ago
Signal is hiring a User Experience Researcher to help make private communication simple. If you care about usability and great design as much as you care about privacy, you should fit right in. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users
- Ability to perform meaningful research in the absence of virtually all in-app analytics. We’re proud not to rely on invasive behavioral tracking to inform our design decisions.
- Experience applying a wide variety of research methods (ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, longitudinal studies, etc) from the early problem definition stage to launch — and beyond.
- Experience driving international user research studies.
- Familiarity and comfort working with a small team, interacting directly with designers and engineers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- You can work anywhere in the United States. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room, Signal gives you the flexibility to work wherever you will be most effective. We fly somewhere new once a quarter so that everyone can meet up in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $19,000.
- We're stable, well-funded, and capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions.
- Feel good about what you do. We believe in solving real problems, working with integrity, and sharing that work (and code) with everyone.