Posted 12 months ago
is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 80 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a UX/UI Designer who wants to help us make ecommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, complex frequently-changing sales tax rules, and automating complex processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As a UX/UI Designer at TaxJar you will:
- Be responsible for crafting modern, user-optimized experiences that help support and improve the efficiency of one of the biggest and fastest growing teams inside TaxJar
- Work closely with our internal AutoFile Team and dedicated engineering teams
- Take ownership of and improve the experience for our internal AutoFile tools and the repetitive nature of filings, issue management, and communication with customers
- Lead the complete product development cycle through planning, design, testing, and eventually production release
- 2-6 years UX/Design experience in SaaS or other business applications
- Strong visual design, product design, usability, and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in product design at one or more successful SaaS companies
- Someone who gets excited to jump on Zoom with stakeholders on other teams to get their insight
- Ability to create complex user flows detailing user journeys
- Ability to rapidly prototype to test and validate the team's design efforts using MarvelApp
- Extreme attention to detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to design complex workflows and data heavy applications
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.