Posted 2 months ago
Aerial is seeking an experienced Vice President of Sales that has a proven track record and can effectively manage strategic accounts and motivate salespeople to achieve corporate and sales objectives in the region. Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer and being a key member of the management team, the Vice President of Sales is responsible for drawing up sales strategy and achieving global sales objectives within the Americas.
Canada or USA
- Draw up sales strategies for the Americas;
- Achieve global sales targets within the Territories;
- Work closely with the company’s Chief Sales Officer and VP of Product to develop, establish, and communicate a comprehensive strategic and tactical sales plan for the Territories, as well as best sales practices globally;
- Devise and deploy realistic sales goals across the Territories and prepare sales forecasts, expense budgets and sales quotas;
- Manage the company’s sales budget for the Territories, keeping expenses within annual forecasts;
- Drive the integration of regional sales tactics and approach;
- Manage the direct sales force and indirect sales channels within the Territories, including sales quotas and commissions;
- Generate sales reports on a regular basis to Chief Sales Officer;
- Actively pursue and close direct sales opportunities with specific strategic target accounts;
- Ensure follow-on sales and penetration within existing customer accounts;
- Manage territorial sales processes and set appropriate metrics to manage the sales funnel, using SalesForce.com as our corporate CRM tool;
- Execute sales activities with respect to the company’s marketing plan and practices, including all product marketing activities;
- Manage Aerial’s Salesforce.com CRM environment for the assigned Territories;
- Understand the target markets customer requirements, challenges and culture;
- Stay abreast of drivers and current events affecting client organizations.
In order to be considered, you must have/be:
- University degree or equivalent;
- 10 to 15 years of experience evolving in a sales organization;
- Versed in strategic account management;
- Proven experience managing a sales team and to motivate and drive salespeople into closing sales;
- Extensive experience selling technology products and services in the software, SaaS and/or wireless telecommunication sectors, with a broad contact base in the Americas;
- Cultural sensitivity to the different business practices in each country;
- Track record of performance excellence meeting or exceeding objectives and expectations;
- Demonstrated pro-activity, enthusiasm and self-directed abilities to thrive on challenges and fast growth;
- Expertise in complex sales and solutions selling;
- Proven ability to build up and grow sales opportunities;
- Good negotiation, written, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong leadership, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management abilities;
- Powerful interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with C-Level management;
- Outgoing and roll-up-the sleeves personality to operate independently as well as within a collaborative team environment;
- Team player able to navigate internal organization and leverage other teams in order to support regional sales plan and commitments to customers;
- Proficiency with CRM-based software tools, preferably with Salesforce.com;
- Track record of performance excellence meeting or exceeding targets and expectations;
- Open to travel anywhere worldwide if required, occasionally to Montreal for face-to-face meetings;
- Fluent in English (oral and written);
- High level of integrity.
- Knowledge of the healthcare and energy management markets;
- Proficiency in French and Spanish.
- The opportunity to join an innovative team focused on one objective: to become the global standard for WiFi motion detection.
- A user-oriented team that lets you learn, innovate and share.
- The chance to make a difference within a fast-paced organization.
- Being an active participant in the growth of a Montreal-based AI start-up.
- An employee stock option plan.
About Aerial - Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing WiFi infrastructure and AI to give meaning to motion. We aim to become the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare, and hospitality applications. Based in Montreal, we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and Europe.